On Thursday, November 30th the group turned out to present a demo centered around period food and drink for the local campus of Empire State College in Nanuet, NY.
Many members contributed dishes to the tasting:
- Lady Cailleach Dhé ingen Chiaráin made oat bannocks, an iron-age fried cake.
- Lady AmeliaJoan made pizelles, possibly the earliest known kind of cookie.
- Richard made lamb hedgehogs as well as scotch eggs.
- Herr Matthias von Würzburg made hais (date and nut balls) as well as period gingerbread.
- Lady Zillah al Sighira al Hurra from Northpass contributed an excellent presentation on cordials and their medicinal use as well as some sekanjubin for sampling.
- Dr. Denise Kawasaki from Empire State College contributed a period Brie tart.
We also had a chance to present an award to one of our shire members, with Jadidja (called Jade) receiving her AOA from Cailleach after it was read into Court by Their Majesties at Hundred Minutes’ War two weeks previously.
Here are some pictures from the demo, you can click on each image to view the full-size version.